Our highly regarded Employment Group is able to look at the bigger picture and draw on their extensive experience and technical excellence to provide tailored advice to meet the specific requirements of our clients, often acting as an expert extension to HR departments. At ABG, we always listen to our clients’ needs and objectives and strike a balance between legal and commercial considerations. Our Employment Solicitors deal with the real world of business.
Our key services for employers include:
- Business Reorganisation
- Collective Consultation
- Contracts of Employment
- Contractual Issues
- Cross Frontier and Jurisdictional issues
- Directors – recruitment and exit
- Discrimination and Equal pay
- Employment Data and Monitoring, incl. data protection issues
- Employee Status
- Maternity and Paternity incl. Flexible Working
- Policies and Procedures incl. disciplinary
- Restraint of Trade and Business Secrets, incl. injunctions
- Settlement Agreements
- Sickness and Time off work
- Termination of Employment
- Trade Unions
- Transfer of Business (TUPE), incl. Outsourcing
- Working Time
- Advising owner managed businesses of all sizes and large international companies on the drafting and implementation of employment contracts and employment policies.
- Extensive business restructures, often using Settlement Agreements (formerly Compromise Agreements) often involving complex tax and cross jurisdictional issues.
- Acted for a computer software company on the successful enforcement of a 6 month UK wide non-compete restrictive covenant to protect sensitive commercial software and marketing information.
- Representing an international oil plc in all aspects of employment law including cross-jurisdictional matters.
- Drafting Consultancy Agreements for City based computer software company.
- Successfully defended Employment Tribunal claims for national housebuilder brought by self-employed labourers claiming worker status and holiday pay and winning substantial costs.
- Advising UK subsidiary of Indian software company on all aspects of employment law including complicated grievance and disciplinary matters (some with cross jurisdiction aspects).
- Advising various companies on senior executive exits including drafting Settlement Agreements.
- Host of general day to day advice on disciplinary, grievance and exit issues.
- Advising 380 individual employees on the terms of their Settlement Agreements on closure of national maintenance and repair business.
Some Useful External Links:-
(ABG is not responsible for the content of external links)