Business Recovery and Insolvency
At ABG we bring together expertise from our Business Recovery, Dispute Resolution, Employment, Property and Corporate and Commercial Groups, to enable clients to achieve their objectives in this specialist area.
The Firm is instructed regularly by companies, insolvency practitioners, creditors and directors regarding the many complex legal issues that flow from financial distress.
In assisting companies that are struggling financially our emphasis is on rescue, recovery and renewal, covering both formal and informal strategies and procedures.
When representing insolvency practitioners or creditors our focus is to maximise returns swiftly and cost effectively.
For company directors we provide clear practical advice designed to ensure that they cannot later be criticised for their decisions taken in difficult circumstances. Where directors’ actions are called in question at a later date we can help to minimise any potential consequences.
Our key services include:
- Creditors’ rights on insolvency
- Claims against directors
- Company Director Disqualifications
- Landlords’ right on insolvency
- Challenges to personal insolvency forum shopping (bankruptcy tourism)
- Cross-border insolvency issues
- Retention of title
- Dissolved companies
- Advising Liquidators on all aspects of various insolvent liquidations.
- Advising on the Members’ Voluntary Liquidation of an IT services company.
- Group re-organisations involving section 110 liquidation.
- Advising a Trustee in Bankruptcy on after acquired property issues; preferences, transactions at an undervalue and frauds on creditors.
Some Useful External Links:-
(ABG is not responsible for the content of external links)